varcoe 5

varcoe 5

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It is the final countdown

Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone. This is Nick and I in Ireland a few years ago. Thought it was appropriate today. We officially have 10 days - yep that is right - 10 days to go. I have my green on, hoping baby likes the weather and wants to come visit soon. It is supposed to be 74 here today!

Yesterday we had a doctor's appointment - I am dilated to 1cm and 50% effaced which to most isn't a big deal, but to me it means the end is close. My doctor said she wouldn't let me go past 41 weeks which would be the first weekend in April. Let's hope for a little sooner than that.

We are packed, bag in the car (just this morning), car seat snug and our house is ready. The only problem is our cats...well just Lou really. He tried to claim the bassinet last night and he quickly learned that it was not a bed for him - not a happy cat.
I am getting anxious to meet our little one. I guess it is just a waiting game at this point. Everyone has told me this is the hardest part. I think waiting is the hardest part, but physically I am feeling ok - no complaints quite yet.
We are going to the St. Patrick's Day parade today so maybe the walking and excitement will hurry things along.

Stay tuned!

Amy, Nick and Baby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally I think April is a great month for Birthdays.

Uncle Paul