varcoe 5

varcoe 5

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Reason for the Blog

The reason we started our blog was to share the great news of our new "Baby Varcoe" that would be joining our lives in 2009.  Because Evan was so fun to write about, we decided that we would continue the blog for the reason it was intended. 

Evan is going to be a big brother!  We are due October 7, 2011. We have had two doctors appointments so far and baby is doing great. This little one is very nice to mommy. Evan and I didn't get along in the first couple of months, but this baby and I are doing great.

Baby's heartbeat was 162 at my last appointment on March 29.

Just over 11 weeks...
14 weeks with Evan
Besides the tiredness, still I blame Evan, and bouts of feeling full when I haven't eaten anything, things are going great. I am almost 13 weeks so if all goes as planned, which nothing ever does, we will welcome our new baby at the end of September or early October with a scheduled c-section.

You may remember, Evan again didn't feel like coming on his own so we had to endure a long process to get him here. The doctors don't want to take any unnecessary risks this time.  This way Grandma Lois and Grandpa Steve can "plan" who is watching Evan, Lou and Fiona:)

We told our family and friends at Evan's birthday party on March 19.
We also got to Skype with Eric in Afghanistan to tell him the good news. He was so excited he put a message on Facebook before we had told work, other friends, etc. so were able to have him take it down in 10 minutes:) Nothing like my boss seeing it on Facebook before I was able to tell her. I still haven't made the official Facebook announcement, probably will wait awhile. I wanted to make sure our family and friends knew before they see it out for the world.

Love,
Nick, Amy, Evan and Baby V #2 (we are working on the name) Deuce is in the running

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! :)
My vote for baby name is... TC :) But, then again... not my kid. HA!

Yay for feeling so good this pregnancy!

I hear September 28th is a great day to be born.... (Addi's bday.) :)

BabyVarcoe said...

Thanks Lisa! The 28th is a strong possibility or at least close:) And I think Nick would love TC!