varcoe 5

varcoe 5

Monday, August 29, 2011

5 weeks to go and big boy

We have 5 weeks to go until Baby becomes a permanent part of our lives. I am ready. It just hit me in the past week or so how tired I am. I was doing great and then Nick and Evan got sick and the next week bam - tiredness set in. 

Sleeping stinks. I am so tired, but can't sleep very well. I told Nick the other night - "I would rather cry than sleep." His response - "Why?" Me - "You wouldn't understand, I just want you to carry baby for an hour." (I get a little irrational when I don't sleep.)

Evan has been rockin' this potty training gig. We haven't pushed it at all because he is a kid of routine and if push him to do something he doesn't want to do, good luck getting him to try it again. He has been going pee like a rockstar for us and at school. But on Sunday he went poopy on the potty!

Best part of the story - he will sit on the potty forever saying "I try, I try." So we let him try. Finally he pulled the shower curtain over to the toilet. I thought he was playing peek-a-boo, but then I realized when I got him off the potty what he was doing behind the curtain. He needed privacy! I love him. I was so proud of him. He then asks for a M&M for going and he gets a sticker on his big boy chart Grandma Lois made.

Lots of changes coming our way:)


Evan, Owen and Baya (neighbor kids) on the lawn mower

Grandpa Steve and Grandma Kate came to visit as well and we went to the Waukee Football game.

Evan, Aubrey, Owen and Aiden dancing




Evan and Aubrey dancing (future class of 2027)


Love,

Nick, Amy, Evan and Baby

No comments: